Learning Disability Teacher
Director, Instructor, & Master Teacher
Author of 'Fingertip Books™
Because students become empowered by their learning to read which in turn empowers the teacher to continue teaching
Download order forms at the bottom of this page.
One form is for individuals
and the other form is for schools.
Email completed form to:
-are phonics books which can be used: by tutors; teachers in classrooms in small groups or the entire class; and in home school settings. They are especially valuable in teaching reading to students who are dyslexic.
-enable students to become proficient in reading writing and in spelling through phonics instruction based on a systematic, explicit, multi-sensory Orton-Gillingham approach.
- includes material from basic reading skills to prefixes, suffixes, and roots.
- includes systematic, explicit, multi-sensory, cumulative, structured phonics lessons.
-include progress sheets.
-include reproducible student sheets.
- includes detailed, yet simple teacher direction and information.
What a thrill for students, parents, teachers when.......
• a child gets 'lost' in a book
• a student is giggling to himself about something he has read
• a child chooses to take a book on vacation
• a child is curled up in a corner of a sailboat reading
(Just like her sister who had been doing this for years.)
• when a child gets a big book from the library, not to impress his classmates, but because he can actually read the book
Teachers tell me they don't have time to plan lessons, so it's reassuring to know that they have access to such professional, well developed material in teaching phonics and reading. More and more I hear how teachers love the simplicity of the books!!!
A new book, unlike the others, is in the making. It will go hand in hand with any of the books. It will be a handbook, which will give an in-depth explanation of how to teach specific lessons. It will be a handy tool for all teachers. This handbook will include activities which can be used in conjunction with the lessons and will support instruction at all levels.
Within the framework of this guide, you will find scripts to teach phonograms, concepts, etc, as well as, tips for when to teach these pieces as well as cautions to watch for when teaching certain sounds or concepts. An in-depth explanation will be given on syllable types, how to teach syllables and syllable division.